Decision Maker: Managing Director
Decision status: Recommendations Approved
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: No
Following Welsh Government’s
announcement on Friday 29th May 2020, to ease some of the Covid
– 19 lock-down movement restrictions:-
1. People have started to return to work, use of the highway network has increased substantially which has resulted in an increased number of complaints and reports being received which require action.
2: The reopening of drive-through fast food outlets. is anticipated to further increase highways traffic and increase litter levels
In addition a significant increased level of black bag waste is being collected, to encourage residents to continue to recycle Side Waste restrictions need to be reinstated.
1. Reinstatement of highways maintenance
2. Reinstatement of mechanical sweeping and general litter picking operations.
3. To gradually reintroduce side waste restrictions/enforcement.
Publication date: 25/06/2020
Date of decision: 04/06/2020